Monday 11 February 2013

Production: Contrasting Titles Experiments



Select 1080p for best viewing quality.

Whilst editing my final opening titles, I found that a red colour may work better than the original white colour of the title section 'The Make-up of'. This is because the red is so symbolic throughout my opening that is seems very appropriate i.e. the red carpet and the red lipstick. So I therefore experimented with a red title and asked some members of my target audience what they preferred.

I asked 5 girls and 1 boy which style of title they preferred.

Red - 4 Votes (all girls)

One girl said 'Scarlett Jones stands out more when in white, it contrasts the red'

White - 2 Votes ( 1 boy and 1 girl)

And another girl who voted for the white said 'The red contrasts too much, there is too much colour, I prefer the white'

From the audience research I decided to go with the red title as it fits perfectly with my story. I am now therefore experimenting with the shadow that is under the white title and making it work with the red colour as the shadow and the red is too strong so I need to find the perfect balance by experimenting with the position, intensity and colour of the shadow.



No comments:

Post a Comment