Thursday 8 November 2012

Film Preliminary - Back to The Future Deconstruction: Shot, Reaction, Shot

By studying this sequence of shots from 'Back To The Future', I learnt how the size/height of a character effects the dynamic on the screen and also adds a comedic aspect. In this scene Biff appears to gain height and this makes Marty look even smaller, Martys eyes just appear over Biff's shoulder, this is a comedic affect that I feel I could use within one of my projects. The lighting throughout gives the scene a naturalistic effect which is perfect for this scene, but I would like to experiment with the lighting to make it more interesting. I also feel I could of added a comedic sound effect when Biff increases in height rather than it just being silent, to enhance this part of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment